Social media are computer based technologies that assist the composing and sharing of ideas, interests, information and much more through networks. It offers stand alone and built in services including internet based applications, user generated contents, service-specific profiles and online social networks. Highly interactive platforms of social media are created using smart phones, tablets and desktop computers through which individuals and organizations can share, discuss and modify pre-made content which is already available online.
Social media has changed our way of communication in an extraordinary way. It is different from other medias in many aspects i.e. reach, usability, frequency, etc. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, etc. are most popular social media websites. Internet users spend more time using social media sites than any other site. Social media improves users’ sense of interaction with real time individuals and communities.
Facebook is a social networking site that assists users to share their photos, videos and messages after creating a personal profile. Twitter acts a micro-blog in the form of tweets and everyone can buy cheap twitter followers. Like Facebook, Instagram is an easy way to click and share world’s moments. Pinterest acts an online community that allow users pin ideas.
Why Brands want to have Social Media Profiles?
Social media is a tool used by organizations, entrepreneurs and corporations for effective marketing. Advertising coverage on social media is wide spread as compared to any other media. Thus, brands use social media for the purpose of viral marketing. Traditional marketing campaigns such as TVCs, newspaper, magazines and billboard ads have less reach as compared to social media. Following are some of the purposes for which brands want to have social media profiles:
- To have company – customer interaction brands are more likely to have the need of social media profile.
- Brands need social media to have the idea of consumer behavior (an important concept of marketing research), to know their level of satisfaction or dissatisfaction, to track and monitor them.
- They use social media to communicate sales promotions, deals, loyalty programs and discounts to customers.
- Brands can easily reply to the feedback of customers that will improve the relationship with customers.
- Brands are using social media profiles for online sale of their products or services. Now they can take an online order of customers who have no need to visit the specific outlet.
- Brands can collect positive and negative views or perception of its customers to improve their strategies.
- Brands can share online the details of their products i.e. product quality, features, price and availability.
- They can answer the quires of the followers within seconds.
- Social media is comparatively inexpensive marketing tool as compared to others thus, it saves the advertising costs of brands.
- Brands use social media profiles to target a large number of customers (local and global) than other medias.
Followers on Social Media important for Brands
Followers on social media are as important for brands in rapidly growing technological world as oxygen for life. The number of social media followers is like the number of customers who visit your brand outlet and the number of prospect sale increases. If your brand has more number of followers, then there are more chances of sales. More number of followers is an indicator of your brand credibility. It’s a positive sign of your brand’s success and growth. These followers generate words of mouth, promoting your brand. People follow those accounts that have more followings. Active followers are more important because they take actions or respond in your favor.
Influence of Social Media on Economy
Social media provides a platform to share any type of information. It has removed the barriers, or obstacles in interacting with global world. One the success factors of many companies is social media networking sites i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google etc. Social media are banks of future and help us tackle several constraints.